Become a PADI Assistant Instructor in NJ
PADI PRO: ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR IN NJ COURSE
BECOME A PADI PRO ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR IN NEW JERSEY
Not ready to become an Scuba Instructor just yet? Take the PADI Assistant Instructor NJ Course!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course in New Jersey is a fun and rewarding way of honing your scuba diving skills while getting first-hand scuba experience imparting what you know to students.
This course is the first part of the PADI Instructor Development course or what is otherwise known as IDC.
This followed by passing the Open Water Scuba Instructor Course and good results at the Instructor Examination (IE) will make you a certified PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
PADI PRO ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR NJ
The PADI Assistant Instructor program in NJ provides PADI Divemasters with additional scuba diving training as instructional assistants and scuba diving educators. The PADI Assistant Instructor program in NJ builds on your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing your scuba teaching skills. If you eventually want to become a true scuba guru, this is an excellent place to start!
You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional, but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of scuba diver education. As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you’ll be able to act as an instructional scuba assistant and begin assuming limited scuba teaching responsibilities.
What will I Learn During My PADI Assistant Instructor in NJ Training?
- You’ll enhance your scuba knowledge base by attending lectures, classroom presentations, completing quizzes and doing some self-studying.
- You will be provided with confined water skills assessments and workshops
- You will have rescue skill assessments, open water training and candidate presentations
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT CAN PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS IN NJ DO?
After you have completed your certification as a PADI Assistant Instructor in NJ, you will be able to:
- Facilitate the Knowledge Development part of the scuba diving courses, this of course will be done under the tutelage of a trusty certified PADI Instructor
- Conduct the Discover Scuba program independently
- Conduct the certifications PADI peak performance Buoyancy Specialty Diver course independently
- Conduct the certifications for the PADI Equipment Specialist course,
- Conduct the certifications for the PADI Digital Underwater Photography and PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Diver trainings (you must have attended the same trainings prior to you teaching them).
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Completed EFR (First Aid and Secondary Care within 24 months) Read about the EFR Course here
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and presentations
HOW CAN I QUALIFY?
To qualify, you first need to be a certified PADI Divemaster (or be a holder of an equivalent certificate/rating from a different organization providing diver’s education).
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
In the course of your 5-day training, you’ll learn all the necessary skills to equip you in becoming a safe and effective diving instructor.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE FEE INCLUDE?
- Tuition fee
- Air Fills
- Tank & Weight Belt use
- Pool Fees
- Professional tuition
- Counseling and career advice
WHAT MATERIALS ARE NEEDED?
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet